http://amsterdam.tastebeforeyouwaste.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/FullSizeRender.jpg 487 745 Eva Borkhuis http://amsterdam.tastebeforeyouwaste.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/placeholder-e1457509086469.png Eva Borkhuis2016-09-29 16:42:502016-11-25 16:29:18No-Waste Apple Pie
- Old bread, any type of bread works
- Apples or other fruits if you like
- Oat milk or any other plant-based liquid (even water works!)
- Raisins or any other dried fruits
- Very ripe bananas (optional!)
- Sugar or any other sweetener (optional!)
- Nuts (optional!)
- Soak the raisins in a small bath of warm water
- Peel the apples and cut them into small pieces
- Mix the soaked raisins with the apple pieces and add a lot of cinnamon and a bit of sugar.
- Rip the bread apart into pieces of about 1 cm x 1 cm
- Add the moist (either plant-based milk, water, bananas or a bit of everything) and mix it with the bread until the bread pieces become sticky. It’s the easiest to use your hands. If you can make a ball and it sticks together, then you’ve added enough liquid.
- Sprinkle as much cinnamon and sugar on the moisty bread mixture as you like and mix it again. Tip: taste a piece of bread and decide if you like it sweeter or with more cinnamon.
- When you’re happy with the taste, cover the cake tin with baking paper and form the crusty base by pressing it into the cake tin.
- Now fill it up completely with the apple-raisin mix.
- Sprinkle some tiny pieces of bread on top if you want to make “apple-crumble pie”.
- If you like, you can put some nuts, sugar or cinnamon on top as a finishing touch.
- Optional: Serve the pie while it’s still warm, with ice cream, whipped cream and/or fresh fruits on the side.